The other day, we gave you some facts about mosquitos that you may not have known. Today, we’re going to give you some tips on how to protect yourself against mosquitos.
Put On Insect Repellent to Protect Against Mosquitos
The best thing that you can do is use an insect repellant that’s been registered with the EPA. Look for brands that have one of the following active ingredients in them. When you use this as it’s directed, these insect repellants will be safe even for women who are breastfeeding or pregnant.
- Para-menthane-diol (PMD)
The EPA search tool can help you find the right one.
Control Mosquitoes Inside & Outside
There are things that you can do to help with protecting yourself no matter where you are. here are some helpful tips.
- Put screens in your doors and windows and make sure you repair any holes to keep the mosquitos out.
- If you can, use AC
- Use screens on windows and doors. Repair holes in screens to keep mosquitoes outdoors.
- Stop them from laying their eggs near or in water:.
- Once per week, turn over, empty and clean, cover, or toss out anything that holds water like buckets, birdbaths, flowerpots, pools, toys, tires, and trash containers.
- Check for any containers that hold water both inside and outside.
Tips for Those with Babies & Children
- Always dress children in clothing that covers their legs and arms.
- Cover baby carriers and strollers using mosquito netting.
- When you are using any kind of insect repellant on your children::
- Make sure you’re following the instructions on the label
- PMD and OLE products shouldn’t be used if your child is under 3 years of age.
- Always follow label instructions.
- Don’t put insect repellant on your child’s eyes, mouth, hands, irritated skin or cuts. Spray the reppellant on your hands first and then use your hands to apply it to your child’s face.
These are just some tips that you can use to help keep your summer comfortable and relatively mosquito bite-free. We are offering a special right now. If you schedule by the end of June, you can get your first application of tick and mosquito treatment for just $24.95. Contact us for more details.