This week we have been concentrating on pools since we are a month into summer. We have covered landscaping and plants around a pool. Today we are going to talk about the different types of pool pavers for around your pool. There are a variety of materials from which they can be made, so we are going to look at each and see what they have to offer.
Pool Pavers to Use Around Your Pool
- Basal – Made of a very durable and strong natural stone, they offer a finish that is unique and a texture that’s unusual.
- Bluestone – This comes in many shapes and sizes, and the pavers look uniform and sleek. They also can be made to create a design that is more elaborate.
- Brick – These pavers give you a look that’s classic while being affordable and durable. However, they often become really hot during the summer.
- Clay – These can be customized and maintained easily, and they’re also available in many neutral shades.
- Concrete – Exceedingly durable and very versatile, they can be made in any color, shape, or size.
- Granite – These are great because they are non-slip and come in shades of grey. They can be mixed and matched to create a wonderful combination.
- Sandstone – These are durable, come in many shapes, and are inexpensive. They come in many earth tones and resist the sun’s heat naturally.
- Travertine – Resistant to freeze-thaw cycles and simple to clean, it comes in greyish and beige tones.
These are some of the most popular options when it comes to choosing pool pavers. Keep in mind that you want to choose stones that are going to stay cooler in the summertime since that is when you are going to be barefoot.
Interested in learning more about pavers or hardscaping in general? We offer hardscaping services, and we are glad to give you a quote. Contact us here to find out more and let us show you what we can do.